Surfski lessons are not required but highly recommended before venturing out into open water on a surfski. If you don't have prior experience a 2hr class is mandatory before renting surfski boats.
A two hour session to introduce you to the basics of surfski paddling covering the following:
- A basic overview of the features and functions of the surfski and paddle
- How to use the large muscles in your legs, core, and back to paddle the boat
- How to use correct body mechanics to minimize shoulder strain and stress on your arm joints
- How to stabilize the boat with the paddle and minimize your risk of ever tipping over
- How to remount the surfski with ease, so that tipping over is always fun and refreshing and never a cause for concern
- Use basic concepts of surfing to ride boat wakes and wind waves to propel you forward with minimal effort