The High Performance Speed (HPS) wings are FAST. Designed for the ultimate in performance, but yet still usable by most levels of riders. Since the HPS wings use their own foil section with less camber and narrower chord, we developed a special fuselage that will accommodate all the HPS and future performance front wings.
The HPS wings are the ideal performance wings for WINGING and DOWNWIND. High level riders they also SUP, PRONE, WAKE and WINDSURF foil the bigger sizes, while the smaller sizes are perfect for TOW, freestyle WINGING and KITE foiling.
This is a new generation of front wings made for FAST performance riding, while it's still stable and predictable with enormous amount of glide and great turning.
THIS WING IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE BLACK FUSELAGES
The High Performance Speed wings includes the following models/sizes:
1050mm wingspan x 170mm chord, and 7.55 aspect ratio
980mm wingspan x 160mm chord, and 7.49 aspect ratio
930mm wingspan x 155mm chord, and 7.34 aspect ratio
880mm wingspan x 150mm chord, and 7.17 aspect ratio
700mm wingspan x 160mm chord, and 5.63 aspect ratio
AXIS HPS 880 Carbon Wing
WINGSPAN: 880 mm / 34.65 inches
MAX CHORD: 150mm
MEAN AVERAGE CHORD: 123mm
ASPECT RATIO: 7.17
ACTUAL AREA 1112 square cm
CAMBER (as % of CHORD): 2.5
VOLUME: 1088 cubic cm / 66.42 cubic inches
WING Surfing for intermediate and advanced levels. Medium + wind conditions. Great jumper. Most of our freestyle riders are on the HPS 880 wing. It rides waves beautifully.
SUP / Surf - You need skill and power to ride the 880 on the surf - but it's explosive
Wake foiling - It's a smaller wing, so it takes skill to wake on it
Pump Foiling - It's a small wing, but holds its own
Kite foiling - early and super easy lift - This wing is fast
Towin Foiling - fun for head high or smaller waves
Here is what the experts say:
HPS are fast and perfect for wingding and downwinding. But good riders are surfing, SUP, downwinding, wake even dock starting them. Even kiting the smaller HPS is a blast.
The AXIS HPS wings get their lift from speed - the take off is dramatic. Catches you by surprise the first time you take off. This high aspect ratio and the lower camber foil section, makes them performance oriented, but still comfortable for the intermediate levels.
Suggested Rear Wing:
- 460mm Carbon for high speed and loose turning (advanced)
- 420mm Carbon for the ultimate performance (speed and turning - intermediate +). One of our favorite rear wings for fast riding and carving.
- 400 HA Carbon is made for the HPS 880. Amazing feeling super loose and fast. The 400 HA rear wing has low drag, and it's high aspect.
- 390mm Carbon for Wing and Surf with good turning control and additional glide
- 380mm Carbon gives the HPS 880 even more speed, with low drag, and feel on rails when you turn. A great combo.
- 370mm Carbon for loose feel and fast turning.
- 340mm Carbon for even looser feel and even less drag and more speed. (advanced)
- 500mm Anhedral Carbon specific to windsurf foiling
When you purchase an AXIS carbon front wing we include an AXIS padded cover with zipper, in heather gray, and AXIS branding, for safer setup, transportation and storage.